A confident woman is a light in the darkness effusing an unexplainable, contagious radiance. I believe the source of her inner beauty is not about all her accomplishments, her appearance, or that she does everything perfectly. Being successful and having a loving and supporting spouse or close family and friends are definitely the icing on the cake. Even without that, we all have access to this unlimited source of beauty and Godly power. But first, we have to differentiate between “self-confidence and “God confidence.”
Self-confidence is a slippery slope of working in our strength and striving after our own desires. We seek power through out accomplishments, materialistically and it’s based on outward appearances rather than inner beauty. We think that by being people-pleasers, doing everything perfectly, having credentials and being secure financially will develop poise and self-assurance. But it’s all fine until the façade crumbles and we fall flat on our face.
A God-confident woman is not perfect, but her self worth is not measured by her appearance or net worth. It is based on her faith and commitment to Christ. The Bible tells us: “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence” (Jeremiah 17:7 NLT). When we make it our life’s mission to build our inner strength through God’s power, we become an unstoppable Godly force.
Here are six examples on how to build God-confidence.
- Devour God’s word. We’ve heard the saying, “We are what we eat.” But the Bible tells us: “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). Deeply knowing God’s word helps us discern God’s truth from the deceitful arrows of Satan. The Bible also tells us that the more we know God the more we will know ourselves. (Ephesians 1)
- You have a Godly purpose. Knowing you have a calling on our life keeps you focused with eyes on Heavenly things and not earthly distractions and changes like the Covid-19 crisis. (Ephesians 2:10).
- Learn to be thankful. A thankful woman is a force to be reckoned with. She knows her provisions, protection and power come from God and the working of the Holy Spirit. Thankfulness breeds contentment that evolves into confidence. (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
- Be generous. A generous woman knows that God will supply all her needs and is familiar with the concept of sowing and reaping (Galatians 6:7). She understands that to give away means that God will return the blessing at just the right time.
- Walk into your fear. Fear is a dangerous and life depleting virus. Building confidence is “doing it afraid.” We have to learn to breathe and allow faith to help us walk through the barriers of fear. Faith helps us to hold onto our dreams and experience God’s extravagant stories He wants to unfold in our lives.
- She understands supernatural rest. Trusting God brings a supernatural rest to our soul that takes away worry and allows us to enjoy life no matter what comes against us. When we rest in God’s sovereignty it removes anxiety and sets us free to accept who we are and we no longer have anything to prove.
Confidence is building a strong faith in God with the knowledge that with God“…I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need” (Philippians 4:13).
That’s the unstoppable, God confident woman I want to become. How about you?